12/30/2012

My 2012: Personal Review

I can't believe 2012 is nearly over. I still remember writing a list of resolutions, ways to make things better, wishes and dreams at the beginning of the year like it was yesterday. Btw., you can find some of my wishes
here:

-> http://almostaliceblog.blogspot.de/2012/04/wishes-for-2012.html.
(Sadly, I didn't meet or hug Taylor Swift :( )

And I only can recommend making lists with resolutions, because when I look at mine, I can tick off every single point. (I should make a list with more for 2013...)

I'm absolutely where I wanted be: Vocationally, educationally, personally. I'm happy and it's because I achieved my goals and changed something. Now that I'm here, where I wanted to be, you know... I get used to the feeling. But that doesn't mean I'm not absolutely grateful and proud and aware of the big luck I have.

I don't look back at a year of worries, sorrow, giving up, pressure or wasted time.
I look back at a year of standing up; a year of jumping around celebrating who I am, a year of aimless happiness just being with myself, a year of success and selflove. I promised 2012 and myself many things I totally sticked to.

Because I'm not a big fan of





, since I rather take matters into my own hands, I wrote a list for those of you who are hysterically running around in circles not knowing what to expect from the new year. With these notions put into action, I don't think much can go wrong (apart from strokes of fate you just can't control).
I wish somebody would've put together a list for me some time, but I guess you have to learn it yourself.
Anyway.
Rules I sticked to in 2012 which made it awesome: 
- Avoid harmful people.
(Those are people who, without exception: - give you a bad feeling about yourself, - make you feel insecure, - don't treat you right, - lack respect towards you and themselves, -give you negative thoughts and feelings. In fact, people that are just assholes. Get away from them.) 
- Stick to people who are only gonna lift you higher.
- Focus on your dreams in your heart and then work for them. 
- Be kind to yourself.
(For me this means: Treat yourself like you would treat a person you love. If you take a closer look, you will see that in everyday's life there are situations where we force ourselves to do things we wouldn't force our best friend to do. In fact, not at all! Always remember how it feels to let a close friend suffer before you do it to yourself.) 
- Realize that you are enough, you have enough and you do enough.
- Never apologize for who you are.
(I'm an insecure person who fights an endless fight with weird looks from other people, criticism and self-justification. But honestly, there's no point.)
- Trust yourself. You know more than you think you are!
- If you're not happy, change something. Your happiness depends on what you allow. Both negativity and positivity can be strong, but it's what you feed that wins.
- Realize that the past is only like a book full of stories. Don't stumble over something behind you.





I wish you a self-determined happy new year. Let 2013 be awesome.
And keep reading my blog! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment